Welcome
My name is Celena and this is my blog. I am a small town girl now living in a bigger city and often feeling like a fish out of water. I have learned to follow my heart and my life is much richer for it!
Friday, January 2, 2015
Numero Uno
So this is my first blog post, on my very own blog. I created this blog as an assignment for one of my Education courses, but since I don't really teach in a classroom, this blog will instead focus on the different aspects of my work in higher education, specifically student financial aid. I currently serve as the President of the Tennessee Association of Student Financial Aid Administrators (TASFAA) and the Senior Associate Director of Financial Aid and Scholarships at the University of Tennessee, so I have included links to both the financial aid information for my school and the TASFAA "President's Blog". This is my 11th year as a financial aid professional, and in that time I have progressed from my start at Lincoln Memorial University in Harrogate, Tennessee, where I worked my way up from an entry level position to Executive Director of Financial Aid during a period of unprecedented growth for the school. During my five year tenure at LMU, we grew over 60% in enrollment and added a wildly successful medical school. My position/experience at LMU, coupled with my volunteer involvement with TASFAA, lead to a job offer at the University of Tennessee in the fall of 2008. The move to Knoxville brought many changes, not the smallest of which was a new husband, a step-son and a daughter just a couple years later. Fast forward to 2014 and I am proud to serve as TASFAA President. My greatest hope with this blog is to serve as a mentor for others who are new to the financial aid profession and to hopefully payback some of the kindness that has been shown to me over the years.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment